It is a non-profit organization, created in 2007 by the will of 13 public and private institutions, to work for the consolidation of the Park, as well as for the conservation, maintenance and promotion of the territory of influence, carrying out all the activities that are directed to the operation of the physical and real adaptations where the Park is developed, with the purpose of fulfilling its environmental, cultural, tourist and educational vocation.
In addition, Parque Arví Corporation may enter into contracts with public and private entities for the promotion and implementation of this model at the municipal, departmental, national and international levels.
For the fulfillment of the purpose, the Corporation:
- It develops tourist, recreational and sports activities.
- It contributes to the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of the area, enabling the economic development of families, through the application of social inclusion activities that make the community an active part of the whole process.
- Promotes and advises on the conservation of renewable natural resources and the protection of the environment, as well as the sustainable development of the regions, seeking to minimize and mitigate the impact generated by man.
- It works for the cultural preservation of the area where Parque Arví project is located, looking for its national and international projection.
- It implements a comprehensive social management model, which allows for the creation and strengthening of a citizen culture in relation to the sustainability of the territory.
- It strengthens the project area as a center for educational, archaeological, ecological, tourism, historical and cultural development.
- It carries out, promotes, guides and coordinates activities related to the adoption, implementation, and commercialization of tourism and environmental services.
The administrative headquarters of Parque Arví Corporation operate from Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Union of wills
The Arví Park Corporation was created by:
1. Government of Antioquia Aníbal Gaviria Correa
2. Municipality of Medellín: Sergio Fajardo Valderrama
3. University of Antioquia: Alberto Uribe Correa
4. School of Engineering of Antioquia: Carlos Felipe Londoño Álvarez
5. School of Administration, Finance and Technology – EAFIT – -: Juan Luis Mejía Arango
6. Comfenalco: Ricardo Fidel Sierra Caro
7. Comfama: María Inés Restrepo de Arango y Carlos Mario Londoño Gómez
8. Corantioquia: Luis Alfonso Escobar Trujillo
9. Cornare: Óscar Antonio Álvarez Gómez
10. Chamber of Commerce of Medellín: Lina María Vélez de Nicholls y Sergio Jaramillo Mejía
11. Área Metropolitana del Valle de Aburrá: Ricardo Agustín Smith Quintero
12. Interactuar Famiempresas: Amalia Arango de Arbeláez
In addition to the founding entities, it is currently part of the Arví Park Corporation, the municipality of Guarne, and has the Medellín’s Metro, Public Companies of Medellín and National Parks as strategic allies.
Dr. Manuel Santiago Mejía Correa was the first Executive Director of the Corporation.
We promote and guide organized tourism in the Arví Park to strengthen it as a sustainable nature destination, we preserve the environmental, cultural and archaeological richness, empowering the capacities of the community and positively impacting its development.
Our action is developed with the best human talent and within the framework of current regulations, which has enabled us to build and replicate an intervention model aimed at sustainable human development.
In 2025 Arví Park Corporation will articulate sustainable human development processes in the management of areas of special environmental and cultural importance in the Arví territory and other similar areas at the local, national and international levels; guaranteeing its administrative and financial viability, with the active participation of its associates and interest groups.
In 2030, Arví Park will be a sustainable tourist destination conceived as a cultural, scientific and technical open environmental classroom, which promotes innovative experiences of rural community tourism, recreation and awareness of the territory’s natural and cultural richness.
Adequacy of the law: To give proper and strict compliance with the legal provisions (laws, dispositions, and regulations issued by the authorities, norms, and policies set by the Arví Park Corporation).
Transparency: Act in an honest, legitimate, clear, consistent and timely manner in the development of the corporate purpose.
Respect: Acting properly in all your relationships with different stakeholders.
Loyalty: The actions will be framed within the criteria of integrity, fidelity, and objectivity.
Professionalism: Adequate, serious, complete and objective care for people who require services and information in compliance with the purpose of Arví Park Corporation.
Orientation to achievement: Precede the observance of ethical principles to the achievement of the strategic goals, considering that it is essential to generate an Arví Culture oriented to comply with and to enforce the norms and principles of this Code.
Sustainability: to promote that all actors involved in the development of the Corporation’s objective minimize negative environmental, socio-cultural and economic impacts, which tend to comply with the different applicable legal requirements, contributing to the development of the local community and the satisfaction of Needs and expectations of visitors and tourists.
Integrity: Act based on the ethical principles and the legal norms that regulate its operation.
Trust: Generate credibility through responsible, clear, consistent and timely behavior in their actions.
Service attitude: Being kind, timely and effective in providing our services, enjoying what we do, in a permanent search for possibilities.
Teamwork: Evaluate and encourage the contribution of employees, to achieve common objectives.
We declare our rejection of the sexual exploitation and trade of teenagers, we accept the provisions of Law 679 of 2001. We also reject any practice that leads to sex tourism of any kind and child labor exploitation.
Management Reports 2017
Management Reports 2007 a 2016
Management Reports 2015
Management Reports 2014
Management Reports 2013
Management Reports 2012
Different entities have granted prizes to the Arví Park Corporation for the work carried out in the territory of influence.
Second place in the National Tourism Award 2014, the category “Best in actions for the conservation of nature, ecosystems and species”.
Awarded by: National Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism.
Distinction Fenalco Solidario Ambiental 2015, as recognition for the outstanding work, stand out against the theme of care, protection, and conservation of the environment.
Awarded by: Corporación Fenalco Solidario.
Recognition of the Council of Medellín 2016 for the outstanding activity and contribution to the Village of Santa Elena and the municipality of Medellín in general.
Awarded by: Concejo de Medellín.
Dr. Luis Pérez Gutiérrez
Dr. Federico Gutiérrez Zuluaga
Mayor of Medellín
Dr. Eugenio Prieto Soto
of the Metropolitan Area of the Aburrá Valley
Dra. Lina María Vélez De Nicholls
of the Chamber of Commerce of Medellín for Antioquia
Dr. Rafael Arango Fonnegra
Dr. Carlos Mario Zuluaga Gómez
Dr. Carlos Mario Estrada Molina
Dr. Sneyder Quiceno Marín
Mayor of Guarne
Dr. Carlos Felipe Londoño Álvarez
Rector School of Engineering of Antioquia
Dr. David Escobar Arango
Dr. Mauricio Alviar Ramírez
University of Antioquia
Dr. Alejandro González Valencia
Dr. Juan Luis Mejía Arango
Dr. Sergio Andrés Orozco Escobar
Secretary of the Environment
Medellin’s town hall.
Dr. Orlando de Jesús Uribe Villa
Secretary of the Treasury
Medellin’s town hall.
Dra. Lucy Rivera Osorio
Government of Antioquia.
Dra. Lina María Vélez de Nicholls
Chamber of Commerce of Medellín for Antioquia.
Dr. Eugenio Prieto Soto
of the Metropolitan Area of the Aburrá Valley.
Dr. Rafael Arango Fonnegra
Dr. Geovanni Bedoya Sanmiguel
Head of the Department of
Geology University EAFIT.
Dr. Sandra Yannette Vélez Arredondo
Head of Environmental and Social Development Unit – EPM Projects and
Dr. Sandra Milena Puertas Arango
Professional Relations and Government – External Relations Management
View Organization chart